- Our Stores
- New Titles
- Staff Recs & Promos
- Mailing List
- Your Account
Fifty years ago, on October 27,1961, the District of Columbia received and accepted for record the organizing documents for the Seminary Co-operative Bookstore, Inc. All of us at the Co-op want to thank our members and customers who have, over the past half-century, supported the Co-op and its stores with their investment, patronage, encouragement, and suggestions.
We also want to thank:
The Co-op shareholders who have been willing to serve on our board of directors, helping guide the operation.
The publishers and their representatives who have produced and sold us the great books in every imaginable subject that have filled our shelves and delighted our customers.
Our 1000 plus employees (past and present) who have served the Co-operative and its customers well.
The Hyde Park Bank, our bank from the very beginning.
Our landlords who have supported us in untold ways over the years: the Chicago Theological Seminary, the University of Chicago, the Newberry Library, and, at 57th Street Books, Mr. Devereux Bowly.
Photo by Megan E. Doherty